How To Apply For OTDC Funds
When applying for OTDC funds, please review the following guidelines and procedures to ensure your application is complete. Please allow 2 – 4 weeks minimum for application processing.
- This document must be completed for all requests for funding assistance for all OTDC training & employment programs. It consists of a Front Page and a Back Page. It is recommended that you attach the details.
- This form can be completed on the web-site but it must be printed and faxed or mailed with all appropriate documentation.
- It is recommended you contact one of the Employment & Training Coordinator(s) in your “Service Area” (see the map and list of contacts). Besides receiving Employment Counseling Assistance, they can assist with ensuring your application is complete.
Attached documentation should include the following:
- Training details (course outline, dates of training, location, institution, expected outcomes)
- Budget details (tuition & related student fees, books, living allowance, supplies, travel, accommodation & per diem as appropriate). For rates contact the Employment & Training Coordinator or Program Administrator for your Service Area. Please provide as much detail as possible including calculations and any other explanations that will assist with the assessment & review.
- Letter from the applicant regarding why this training is requested, how it fits into the applicant’s goals, what they know about the labour market related to the training, previous experience (work & training), willingness to relocate for work etc. This is the applicant’s opportunity to provide the rationale for OTDC funding as well as other information that might enhance the application..
- Evidence of Support from an employer (if the training requires paid leave from work.
- Participant Information Form (PIE) available from the Employment & Training Coordinator(s) in your “Service Area”. If unable to provide the PIE with the application then please provide DOB (if youth), whether status or non-status, whether on EI or Reachback,
- Targeted client (student, youth, Reachback or EI recipient, Social Assistance recipient)
- Work Activities which should include a job or project description, supervision, pay details, hours of work, expected outcomes, future plans for the position and whether this is new or existing position or a project.
- Information on the trainee(s) – background, previous training or work etc
- Training details (both off-the-job & on-the-job)
- Budget details
- BCR, motion of support or letter from the Executive Director or CEO indicating support for the application and that funding commitments are in place.
- Rationale including benefit to the client and the relationship between the training & the labour marker
NOTE: Program details including eligible employers and eligible costs, targeted participants and other criteria are available on this web-site. Please review prior to submitting your application.